Being silent is how you begin to understand "dog language" and learn how to communicate with your dog. In fact, I feel it is the only way. Retreats begin with a private workshop for just you and your dog. I will give you tools to use during your retreat and to take with you. The farm is closed to other clients during retreat times. Call in advance to schedule your time. We reserve 2 hours for our Silent Retreats.
Our farm welcomes you to come explore and enjoy!
- To ensure good arrivals and departures we ask that you arrive on time. If you do get here a bit early you will most likely find that the entrance gate will be closed. Please stay in your vehicle and someone will come to open the gate and greet you. This is simply for the safety of all dogs and people as some of our clients are very vulnerable due to injuries and have just had surgery.
- Your dog should exit your vehicle on lead until we determine how our session will begin.
- Please wear clothing that can get muddy, wet, can walk through water if need be, and allows you to be comfortable for a period of time outdoors.
- If your dog is coming for water therapy please do not feed a regular sized meal prior to our session, the lighter the belly the better.
- We ask that you do not apply flea or tick medications within 5 days of your appointment. Studies show that the chemicals can leach into the water and onto the therapist and other dogs.
- We do supply towels for swim sessions, but not a bad idea to have one if you come to hike, sometimes the dogs find all sorts of fun to get into and need a rub before they leave the farm.
- We accept cash, checks and all major credit cards.
Please call for scheduling and availability. More detail can be discussed prior to your visit, or feel free to send an email with any questions you may have regarding your visit.* pricing may vary due to location, travel time, and conditions of a session.